– provides an explanation on how TaskUs OÜ collects, uses and protects the personal data of its users;
– provides an overview of the measures implemented by TaskUs OÜ to ensure the security of personal data;
– explains to the user their rights in processing the personal data and how to exercise these rights;
The controller of the personal data is TaskUs OÜ(hereinafter also TaskUs) (registry code 14624572), address: Joa 2/1-1, 10127, Tallinn.
In processing the personal data, TaskUs follows the legislation established in the Republic of Estonia and the European Union.
For retention purposes, TaskUs OÜ may forward the collected personal data outside the European Economic Area.
2. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA TASKUS COLLECTS
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).
TaskUs OÜ collects the following personal data:
- Name and surname;
- Personal ID code;
- Age/Date of birth;
- E-mail address;
- Information about the ordered services and products;
- Address of the performance of works;
- Complementary services;
- Devices for using the platform;
- IP address;
- Payment details;
- Location details;
- Content of message;
- Video image;
The purpose of TaskUs OÜ is not to collect special category personal data*, however we may learn about them incidentally, such as via a letter or phone called received within client communication, when the client reveals them to us.
3. SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
Sources of personal data:
- use of the platform;
- data submitted by the client;
- data uploaded by the client;
- use of services;
- national registers;
- Google and Facebook accounts of the data subject.
4. PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
TaskUs OÜ collects and processes personal data for the following purposes:
- registration of users** on the platform and their identification;
- administration of orders placed by the recipients of service;
- conclusion of contracts with service providers;
- payments and administration of invoices;
- verification of users;
- carrying our development works necessary for the development of the company;
- mediating the conflicts between users;
- verification of the accreditations/certificates of service providers, if necessary;
- processing violations of the terms and conditions of the platform by users;
- closing user accounts;
- monitoring behavioural patterns (incl. profiling) of clients who order the works
- monitoring the quality of works performed by the contractors;
- monitoring behavioural patterns (incl. profiling) of platform users;
- forwarding reminders;
- forwarding promotional materials;
- upon consent of the person, the platform uses the basic information on the Google and Facebook account (name and surname, date of birth and e-mail address), to facilitate the use of platform.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
TaskUs OÜ processes the personal data only when the company has legal basis for processing the data.
TaskUs OÜ processes the personal data on the following legal grounds:
- subject to the consent of the person – processing the Google and Facebook data, for forwarding newsletters;
- for the fulfilment of legal obligations – the legal obligation of TaskUs to retain the personal data;
- for preparatory measures prior to the conclusion of the contract – data necessary for creating the account;;
- for the performance of the contract – for continuous provision of the service;
- in case of legitimate interest – for verification of accreditations and certificates;
- for maintaining public order – monitoring improper ads.
6. RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
TaskUs OÜ forwards the personal data of users to the following categories of recipients:
- software developers;
- providers of accounting service;
- marketing specialists;
- providers of cloud hosting service;
- upon placing and receiving the orders, also the receivers and providers of the service are recipients of personal data;
- provider of payment service;
- customer support;
- to the management for resolving data protection problems.
7. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
In order to ensure the security of all personal data processed by TaskUs OÜ, TaskUs OÜ has implemented reasonable technological and organisational measures.
TaskUs OÜ has made all reasonable efforts to guarantee that the IT systems, other technologies and work systems used in the organisation have been designed by following the relevant and timely security measures which are necessary for secure processing of the personal data.
Personal data is transferred to cooperation partners only subject to an agreement or pursuant to procedure provided for by legislation.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
TaskUs retains your personal data only as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose, for which it was collected or as long as we are committed to it pursuant to the law.
When retaining the personal data, TaskUs follows the below retention periods:
- We retain the data collected for the conclusion and performance of the contract until we need them in connection with the performance of the contract during its validity and thereafter until claims may arise from our contractual relationships; however, generally, up to one year after the termination of the contract.
- Accounting source documents shall be retained for seven years.
- We retain personal data obtained through inquiries made via the websites for one year.
- Information received via cookies is retained for up to two years.
- Generally, we retain the data collected on the basis of a consent until the consent is withdrawn or during the period specified within the procedure of obtaining the consent.
- The data of job applicants who were not selected are retained for one year.
Upon expiry of the retention period, all copies of the personal data and electronic documents containing the respective personal data will be permanently deleted from the computer systems, and paper documents containing the personal data will be destroyed or anonymised.
9. RIGHTS CONCERNING THE PERSONAL DATA
The persons have a right to:
- get a confirmation from TaskUs OÜ that their personal data is being processed;
- access the personal data processed by TaskUs OÜ;
- receive information on the purposes of processing personal data;
- receive information on the recipients and categories of recipients of personal data;
- receive information on the period for which the personal data will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period;
- withdraw the consent given for the processing of their personal data;
- make corrections to their personal data in the TaskUs app;
- request the deletion of their personal data;
- demand restriction of processing their personal data;
- request transfer of their personal data to another controller;
- object processing of their personal data;
- receive information on profiling, the used logic and the importance of such processing and the estimated consequences;
- the person has the right to contact the Data Protection Inspectorate with a complaint in connection with the processing of personal data.
When contacting TaskUs, you will get the answer within one month as of sending your request.
Contacts of the Data Protection Inspectorate:
Tatari 39, 10134 Tallinn;
+372 625 41 35
In order for a person to exercise the rights concerning their personal data, the person must contact the data protection officer of TaskUs OÜ by e-mail (read more about the data protection officer in Chapter 9).
10. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The user of the TaskUs OÜ platform may at any time contact the data protection officer of the company on any matter related to the processing of his or her personal data.
The data protection officer of TaskUs OÜ shall confirm the inquiry and/or receipt of the request of the person within seven (7) days after sending the e-mail.
The data protection officer shall give a substantive response to the inquiries/requests of persons within 30 days as of sending the inquiry/request.
Contacts of the data protection officer:
kontakttelefon: +372 512 4858
* racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation
** all persons performing and ordering the works registered on the TaskUs platform
NOTICE ON USING COOKIES
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data sets, saved in the form of text files in your computer or device. Cookies are used for various purposes, such as to “remember” you and your preferences in case of one visit (via “session cookies”) or several recurrent visits (using “permanent cookies”). Cookies ensure consistent and user-friendly experience to visitors and perform important functions when registering the users and logging in. The functions of cookies may be determined by the website you visit or an app (called first-party cookies) or by third parties, e.g. those who offer advertising or analytical services on the website (third-party cookies).
Many of our cookies are activated only if you are a registered user (e.g. you do not have to log in every time), others work each time you use our app, regardless of whether or not you have an account.
Types of cookies
The below table helps to understand what kind of cookies we use and why these are necessary when providing the service.
|Categories of cookies||For what purpose we use them|
|Essential||These cookies are necessary for ensuring the main functions of our services. These include cookies that we need to make sure that the registered users can easily and quickly authenticate themselves and perform the account-related functions.|
|Functionality||These cookies are used for saving the user preferences, such as the account name, language and location.|
|Security||We use these cookies to identify and prevent possible security risks.|
|Analytics and performance||Our performance cookies collect information on how the users communicate with our app, incl. what functions are used the most, also other analytical data. We use the data to improve the functionality of our app.|
|Marketing||These cookies are used to display relevant advertisements to the visitors who use our app or visit the websites we offer, as well as provide information on the efficiency of ads. These monitor for example the number of unique visitors, the number of displaying certain ads and the number of clicks per ad. These are also used to create user profiles, incl. displaying ads based on the services you have used or operations you have made in our (and others’) app and websites.|
|Third-party cookies||We use different third-party applications and services to improve the user experience. These include such platforms like Facebook and Google. As a result, also third persons can determine cookies and use these to monitor your online activity. We do not have direct control over the information collected by these cookies.|
We also display third-party ads in our app.
Below is a list together with information about cookies used by each partner.
Data processing by cookies
In order to have a better understanding on how our platform is used we monitor with cookies the user activities carried out in our app, including in viewing the orders and clicking on any links which are used in the administration of the app.
Data processing is related to your accounts and is managed and used only by TaskUs. Generally, we save the following information on each user: IP address, user ID and username, URL link, time stamp of event, language and country code.
You may opt out of cookies via your user settings. By doing this, we will not gather user information on analytical events or operations that take place after opting out. You should still keep in mind that opting out does not block the functionality of the operations that we monitor – for example, if you place an order in the app, our system will still save its data.
In the app settings of the TaskUs platform, you can see the consent field for cookies that asks your consent for saving cookies in your device. We do not determine or allow third parties to use in the TaskUs app cookies that collect your personal data before you have given your consent. We will ask your consent when creating the account. You can change your preferences in the platform settings.
Below is a list of cookies used by TaskUs in its app with an explanation on the purpose of these cookies.
|Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn||Third-party cookie||Through the TaskUs website, it is possible to share and read the content of social media and use other social media services offered by third parties. These social media service providers can save cookies in your device through the TaskUs website, if you have already logged in to these pages or use these through the TaskUs website.|
|[AdvertCookie, ChosenSite, CountryRedirectCheckIsDone, newsletterPoppedUp, acceptedCookies, [Website]_AnonymousUserCurrency]||Functional||These cookies remember your choices and preferences and notifications you have already seen.|
|[ak_bmsc, TS01a19d95]||Functional||These cookies protect our website against malware.|
The TaskUs website contains links to public social media channels and third-party websites of TaskUs. TaskUs is not liable for the content or security of third-party websites. This liability lies completely with the owners of these websites. If you visit any third-party websites or social media sites, we recommend examining also their privacy conditions.
If you post messages, images or comments on public social media pages of TaskUs, remember that the information in public social media channels can be viewed by every user and visitor of this channel. Do not share in social media information that you do not want to disclose to the public!